It is 3 degrees here in the Nutmeg state this morning. I am not going out to suffer for my art I'd rather sit here with a hot cup of coffee and blog. I am finding that trying to be more regular with the blog is making me step up my game. I have film shots that are better than anything I have in digital. I have not adapted to digital as well as I could have, in fact I am still using Photo Elements 3. I have a Sigma 30mm F1.4 on the way that I hope to get out to play with next week. In 35mm my natural point of view was the the humble 50mm lens and the Sigma approximates that on the APS-C sensor. This was taken in my backyard with a Nikon D70s and a Nikon 50mm F1.8 lens. It has been cropped slightly. Now that I think about ease of cropping might be digital's biggest advantage. With film cropping wasn't easy if you didn't do your own printing.

No comments: